London, 15 August 2019 – The Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship (CFTE) has launched its “Fintech 50: 5 Years in Fintech” report, which takes a look at the most promising 50 Fintech firms in 2014 and how they have fared in the five years since.
Key highlights from the report include:
- Only two out of the Fintech 50 went bankrupt – a rate of 4%, which is well below the expected failure rate of US startups of 17 out of 50
- One in four of the Fintech 50 are worth US$1 billion or more today
- The Fintech 50 now have over 319 million clients – more than Citi, Bank of America and HSBC combined
The report analyses several factors of success such as rapid user acquisition and client retention and monetisation, while also taking into account the impact the firms have had in the industry, including client growth, equity raised, employee growth, valuation, and more.
For media queries, please contact:
Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship
María Oliver Román
+44 20 7856 0579
About Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship (CFTE)
CFTE is an education platform supported by senior leaders from the largest institutions, startups, and universities. We address the needs of professionals in finance to upskill in a rapidly changing industry being transformed by emerging technologies. More than 50,000 participants learn from our online courses, such as AI in Finance, Fintech Foundation or Extrapreneurship, a mini-MBA with fast-growing startups such as Revolut or Shift Technology.
- Extrapreneurship – The Future of Entrepreneurship in Fintech
- How AI is Being Used at Investment Banks – Trade Settlement
- What is eXtrapreneurship?
- How AI is Being Used at Investment Banks – Trade Processing
- Will AI Take My Job?